Q: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR A KITCHEN INSTALLATION?
Installation timelines vary pending on the size and customization of your kitchen space. A standard kitchen with laminate installation typically is complete within 2 days.
Here are a few things to consider in the installation process
The following checklists will help prepare and keep you on top of the installation process.
Prepare your home before the installers arrive
- Pack all your kitchen items. For pieces like appliances or large furniture items that cannot be removed from the room, ensure they are protected.
- Remove old cabinets.
- Make all plumbing, heating and electrical changes ahead of installation.
- Complete any replacement, relocation or removal of windows, doors and walls.
- Repair walls and ceilings.
- Remove old floor covering.
- Repair or replace sub-floor.
- Remove all furniture and accessories from room or cover them for protection.
- Remove appliances from room.
- Cabinets delivered.
- Cabinets installed.
- Final measurements for countertops (laminate)
- Cut outs for sinks, cook-tops & wall ovens.
- You are responsible for supplying the correct template (there is a surcharge for call backs).
- General clean up and final adjustment of doors.
Completion of Project by Homeowners- post installation
- Plumbing fixtures installed by plumbing contractor.
- Light fixtures, appliances and trim installed by electrical contractor.
- Finish coat of paint applied by painting contractor.
- Finish floor installed by flooring contractor.
- Final cleaning of interior and exterior of cabinetry, prior to use